Muslim Family Services in Detroit, MI, is a division of ICNA Relief. ICNA Relief is a social welfare department of Islamic Circle of North America, for implementation of relief and community development projects.
"We assist and facilitate in the attainment and flourishing of the families based on Islamic teachings by educational, counseling, and liaison services."
* Workshops for married couples, youths & parents (Conventions/ Islamic Centers/ Schools)
* Reply email and telephonic questions about family matters
* Quarterly Newsletter — Nationwide mailing to Islamic Centers; Distribution in Metro-Detroit
* Website — Q&A, Newsletters, Articles, Reports, Donation
* Training of Imams and community leaders for family counseling
* Publish books — Q&A book, subject-matter booklet
* Develop videos — ICNA Convention workshops
* Pre-marriage counseling
* Marital Counseling
* Parental Counseling
* Psychiatric counseling
* Screen applications for emergency help and provide bills payment support
* Ramadan food basket program
* Be a information bank
* Awareness lectures
* Maintain list of potential foster parents
* Liaison with family courts in Metro-Detroit cities
* Liaison with foster parent agency
* Liaison with state social service department
* Research family issues and develop Islamic solutions
* Become a subject matter resource center for mainstream and ethnic media
* Establish subject matter resource relationship with Detroit Public School Board
* Establish partner relationship with major Metro-Detroit Muslim Communities
* Staff training — courses, conferences
* Develop volunteer resources from community
* Staff recruitment
* Longterm planning and monitoring
* Seek funding from local Islamic Centers for MFS
* Seek funding from local Islamic Centers for emergency help services
* Write grant proposals to City and private foundations
* Good housekeeping
* Courteous customer service
* Organized customer and internal records
* Accurate record keeping — monthly, six monthly & annual reports
* Timely organizational meetings
1. To create awareness and educate the Muslim Community about family issues in America through seminars, lectures, khutubas, newsletter, articles and providing literatures.
2. To provide pre-marriage and marital counseling services by religious ands professional counselors.
3. To represent the Muslim Community regarding Islamic and family related issues in Family Courts.
4. To assist in foster parent services, shelter, food and financial support to the needy families.
Click here for detail Introduction
What Do We Do?
1. Our area of focus is spousal relations, adolescence development and parent-adolescent relations.
2. We organize educational seminars with the cooperation of Islamic Centers. Our series of seminars range from a weekend (Saturday and Sunday) to five weeks (two-three hours each week). One-day seminar could also be arranged. Please contact our office if you like to arrange a seminar in your community.
3. We publish a quarterly newsletter for educational purposes. Send (email) us your name and address if you like to receive a copy of our newsletter.
4. We provide written answers to family related questions. One could email us questions through our website. The website contains answers to all previously asked questions, a moderated discussion forum and other educational material. We request to thoroughly look for answers to your questions on the website prior to sending question(s) to us.
5. We provide individual confidential pre-marriage and marital counseling. Anyone could schedule an appointment for such service by calling our office. We also conduct audio counseling sessions over telephone.
6. We are a resource contact to the local Family Court about Muslim family related issues. One could request our service through the Court or by directly contacting us.
7. We provide all services free of charge regardless of race, gender or nationality.
About Muslim Family Services …..Overview
Muslim Family Services, Detroit is a division of ICNA Relief. ICNA Relief is social welfare department of Islamic Circle of North America, for implementation of relief and community development projects.
Muslim Family Services was established in Detroit in Fall of 1998.
About Our Director
Sheikh Ali Sulaiman Ali has received his basic Sharia education from University of Madina, Saudi Arabia. He received his Ph. D. in Islamic Studies from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Sheikh Ali has been active in educational and philanthropic activities in southeast Michigan for approximately last twenty years. He also gives courses on Islamic studies and other related topics at different Universities.
Discussion Forum — Share Your Experiences & Thoughts
Please email us your experiences, comments, ideas or articles regarding spousal relations, adolescence development and parent-adolescent relations. We would like to share it with others via our newsletter and/or web page under Article section. We delete all identification for questions and comments prior to publishing on print or web. This website is monthly updated and new questions/articles are added.
Press Contact: Naeem Baig
Vice President for Public Affairs
Islamic Circle of North America
Office: (718) 658-1199 Extension: 102
Cell: (917) 202-2118