-—FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE—-
(NEW YORK, NY, July 23, 2014) – The Islamic Circle of North America along with other major national American Muslim organizations today called for a two-day campaign “Dial For Justice: Demand Freedom for Gaza”.
Recent Israeli attacks have killed hundreds of Palestinian civilians in Gaza. The “pinpoint” operation has wiped out entire families, including more than 100 children. The UN has expressed grave concerns that Israel is violating international law by targeting civilians and bombing homes. Israel’s 7-year siege and economic blockade have reduced Gaza’s population to abject desperation.
DO YOUR PART. CALL TODAY:
White House (202) 456-1111.
Secretary of State John Kerry (202) 647-5291, press “1”.
Find your congressman or senator at www.govtrack.us.
• Israel’s actions amount to collective punishment and are against international law.
• Hold Israel accountable for killing innocent civilians.
• End the siege on Gaza.
• Investigate the use of weapons purchased with US taxpayer money against civilians.
• Support for this aggression hurts our international standing and threatens our national security.
The call was issued by American Muslims for Palestine (AMP), Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA), Muslim American Society (MAS) & Muslim Ummah of North America (MUNA).
Click here for the online flyer and click here for the high resolution file for printing.
Message from Naeem Baig, President of ICNA:
These days yet again we are witnessing atrocities of unimaginable magnitude being inflicted upon the people of Gaza by the Israeli armed forces. Hundreds have perished because of the brutal Israeli air bombing and ground assault.
Today, marks the 10th day of this brutality and there is no end in sight. Our President blatantly took the Israeli side and fed it for Iftar to his Muslim guests last week at the White House Iftar.
I am requesting you to do the following:
1. Promote it through your email list and Facebook.
2. Print the flyer and distribute it tomorrow night and on Friday prayer.
3. If possible print a list and phone numbers of your Congresspersons.
4. Ask Imams to make this special announcement and encourage people to call right away.
5. If possible ask Imams to give 5 minutes after salatul Jumuah to people to make calls before leaving Masjid. Imam should lead setting the example.
Let us all make an all-out effort for the success of this calling campaign. May Allah, subhanahu wa ta’ala, help the people of Gaza and give them freedom from this occupation. May Allah, subhanahu wa ta’ala, give shifa to the injured and sabr to all the people of Gaza.
The Islamic Circle of North America is a leading American Muslim organization dedicated to the betterment of society through the application of Islamic values. Since 1968, ICNA has worked to build relations between communities by devoting itself to education, outreach, social services and relief efforts.
Islamic Circle of North America
Office: (718) 658-1199